Taquitos means little tacos. These are tacos filled with meat, beans and cheese, then rolled up like a cigar and baked. I filled mine with black bean, vegetarian Mexican ground and roasted corn. The filling can be made ahead and refrigerated. Taquitos can be assembled when required and baked.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 Cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 habernaro pepper, chopped
5-6 mushroom, cleaned and chopped
1 Cup Mexican Vegetarian ground
1 Cup Black beans(15.5 oz)
1 Cup roasted Corn(2 corn on cob)
3 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. For the filling heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook onion, garlic, habernaro till translucent. Add mushroom and cook till moisture leaves(3-5 minutes).
2. Add Vegetarian ground to the skillet. Add 2 teaspoon taco seasoning and salt. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from stove.
3. If using canned black beans, rinse and drain beans. Microwave for a minute. Stir in 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning and mash well.
4. Place tortilla on flat surface. Spreasd taco sauce across the tortilla. Spoon mashed beans over it. Spread filling. Top with 1 teaspoon of roasted corn. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoon shredded cheese.
Roll up tightly; place tortilla on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Lightly spray tortilla with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas with filling and cheese.
5. Bake at 425 deg.F for 15 minutes or until rolls are crisp.
Serve with sour cream
Note: Taco seasoning can be substituted with 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/2 tesaspoon salt.