250 gms Paneer, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 medium onion, quarterd
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
3 medium tomatoes
6-8 cashews or almonds, soaked in warm water
1 bay leaf
3 green chili, slit
1/2 C milk
2 tsp kasuri methi(dried fenugreek leaves)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 Tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp kashmiri chili powder or to taste
2 Tbsp heavy cream
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp oil
salt to taste
1. Blanch onion and tomatoes. Remove from water and peel tomato skin and cool.
2. Grind onion and ginger-garlic paste. keep aside.
3. Drain cashews and grind to paste. keep aside.
4. Puree tomatoes and keep aside.
5. Heat oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onion paste and bay leaf; cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add slit green chili and chili powder and saute for 1 minute. Stir in cashew paste and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add tomato puree and cook for 5 minutes or until oil starts to separate.
7. Add coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
8. Add 1/2 cup of millk and cream along with 1/2 cup water and salt; mix well and cook until oil comes on top, about 5 minutes. Add more water if needed.
9. Stir in cubed paneer and kasuri methi and cook for 3 minutes.
Remove from stove.
10. Serve hot with roti, naar or white rice