Not all vegetarians like mushroom coz of its texture after it is cooked. It doesn't become too soft like other vegetables. I discovered my love for it after I moved to America. We can get all kinds of fresh mushrooms here, in farmers market and Asian stores. I was introduced to stuffed mushroom by my colleague. I've been making them ever since. Portobella mushrooms large, brown and flat. They are very good for grilling. Baby Bella looks like button mushroom, they are brown in color.
20 fairly large baby Bella mushrooms,cleaned, de- stemmed
1 onion, finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 C bread crumbs(can be adjusted)
1 Tbsp dry parsley
1 tsp ground pepper
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cooking wine(sherry)
1. Scrape the inside of the mushroom and chop that and the stem from mushroom
2. Heat oil in a pan, saute garlic, onion and mushroom stem for 5 minutes. Add parsley and ground pepper. Stir in bread crumb. Mix well. Remove from heat. Mix in Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. Heat sherry in a broad pan Layer the mushroom in the pan once sherry boils. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set on a plate face down, so all liquid drains from mushroom.
4. Spoon the filling into all mushrooms.
5. Pour the liquid left in the pan into a flat rectangle baking dish. Arrange mushroom in single layer.
6. Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes or until tops of mushroom are golden brown. Serve hot.