2 Tablespoon oil
5-6 long peppers, de-seeded and sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 Cup green peas, boiled
cinnamon, 1 inch piece
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
chili powder to taste
salt to taste
1 Tablespoon cashewnuts
1 Tablespoon grated coconut
1. Deep fry sliced peppers and keep aside.
2. Grind cashew and coconut to paste(with some water).
3. Boil green peas, drain and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cinammon, clove, cardamom and bay leaf; fry for a minute. Add onion and cook well till it browns. Stir in ginger-garlic paste and stir constantly for a minute. Add tomato and cook till it becomes pulp. Add turmeric powder and chili powder and salt. Stir well.
5. Stir in the cashew-coconut paste. Add some water and stir for a couple minutes. Stir in pepper and peas. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until oil separates. Remove from heat. Serve hot with roti, naan, dosa or appam. This will not go well with rice.
I used less oil than used by the chef on TV. I sauted pepper instead of deep frying.